Nachdem ich mit der U-Bahn ein paar Stationen gefahren bin, war ich am "Deoksugung Palast" [Bild 2], der ehemaligen Stadtresidenz der letzten koeniglichen Herrscher Koreas. In der Halle [Bild 3] fanden die Kroenungen statt, sowie Staatsempfaenge. Auf dem Gelaende sieht man allerdings auch den Einfluss europaeischer Architektur, d
I arrived in Seoul on friday late in the evening. It was dark and bloody cold Auckland: 25 degrees, Seoul: -12!!!) and almost no-one was speaking english =P That's why it took some time to find the hostel... But on the first day I decided to do a lot, as I was going to be here just for 3 days. The "Chengdeokgung Palace" [pic 1] was just around the corner from the hostel. It had a vast surrounding park, which was not too exciting in the winter, though, and you're only allowed to see it in a guided tour. I guess, I missed a lot of things there, but I was in a hurry anyways... =)
After going some stops by subway, I came to the "Deoksugung Palace" [pic 2], the former city residence of Korea's last royal leader. The coronations as well as official receptions took place in the hall [pic 3]. In this area you can see the influence of european architecture, too; 2 buildings in a classical style were erected in the beginning of the 20th century... On one of Seoul's greater streets (Jongro), there's this fascinating skysraper [pic 4], named "Jongno Tower". There is a restaurant on the very top ^^

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen